Get Fibre Ready!
PRE INSTALLED FIBRE BROADBAND
in your new build or development
Get Fibre Ready
Exclusively available in agreed Ultrafast Fibre Built
Residential Subdivisions / Developments.
Why preinstall my property with Fibre?
• You are able to market your newly built property as pre-installed with Fibre Broadband!
• We are able to complete the installation in-line with your build schedule and without disruption to the aesthetics of the build.
• An awesome experience for your new occupants – no technician visits needed as fibre is already installed and ready to connect.
• We can remedy in advance any issues that can hold up installations, such as requiring additional traffic management or gaining approval from our third party asset owners so that the Fibre install is complete and ready for the homeowners to move in.
• We will label the equipment in the house with some tips for the new homeowner so they are all ready to go!
Is my property eligible for Get Fibre Ready?
Steps to getting pre-installed fibre (Get Fibre Ready)
Once you confirm eligibility for Get Fibre Ready, please complete our Get Fibre Ready Request Online Form and we can process your order.
To make things easy the date you indicate for the installation of our equipment should be after the below is completed;
- Electrical Fitoff (a power supply should also be available)
- A UFF approved duct has been installed (Red / Black ABF 7mm) and the white internal fibre tube installed.
We also recommend:
- Best practice data wiring (Cat6 Star wired to a jack point in a central area such as behind a TV), and using a recessed access box to house the ONT as pictured.
- The property being unoccupied.
n.b. If you need us to come early to do a joint before a driveway comes down please add a note to your request.
Once we’ve processed your order for Get Fibre Ready, we will contact you to set up an appointment for one of our technicians to come and install fibre at each premise. We are happy to work around you for this and don’t need you to be there when we do the install. Please indicate any requirements on your request form.
At the installation appointment, our technician will install an ETP (external termination point) if one is not already there and also connect it to another small box called the ONT, or optical network terminal, they will make use of your preinstalled duct to do this.
Your occupant will connect the ONT to their modem however if the house is star wired we will attempt to patch the wiring through so the customer can have their modem in the lounge or somewhere nice and central. If we do this we will leave a sticker to help the customer know where to plug the modem in.
Get Fibre Ready - Request Forms
Request a fibre-ready install at a residential dwelling
Request form for developments where you are likely to request this service again.
Registering your company will allow us to streamline your installs and simplifies the process for future requests. We are also able if required, to work within your building management software, or within your project management spreadsheets and create install requests on your behalf to get all your sites fibre ready.
What will my property look like once you have finished?
• Once finished we will have installed an ETP and an ONT, and will leave information to help the new occupant get connected and provide some helpful hints to plug and play.
• We also have marketing material we can provide you to include in a Welcome Pack, and we are happy for you to market these houses as “Pre-Installed with Fibre Broadband”.
What will my house look like when you're finished?
We will install our ONT and leave an Information Pamphlet.
If the cables are present we will pre patch to a jack point to make it easy to plug and play.
We will joint up the Ducts and make it tidy again.
We will install an ETP over the cables outside the wall. This is our faults testing point in the future and must be installed.
We have marketing material available for you to include in a welcome pack, or we can place these on the kitchen bench if requested. This material includes information for the new homeowner or tenant on what to do next and how to get the pre-installed connection up and running.